miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2015

Site Visit

Billy, our program co-ordinator visited us in Andahuaylillas the first week of September. Part of his job is making a visit to each JVC site he works with at least once a year. He has to meet with the site supervisors, have individual meetings with each JV, and 2 meetings with the JV community. A month before his arrival, he sent out a packet of documents to fill out. The documents, and the site visit in general, got me thinking big picture about this experience. I've been reflecting a lot on this year in relation to next year. What do I want to continue? What do I want to stop doing? What do I want to start doing? How do I shift roles from being a 1st year to a 2nd year. All big important questions that I won't talk about right now because this post is supposed to be about Billy's visit.

Billy's visit was great. He, Theresa, and I had a fantastic meeting with Pd. Eddy (director of FyA 44). Pd. Eddy seems like he really understands the volunteer experience and he is mindful of helping us to have the most enriching experience that we can. It's nice to work for someone who takes the time to think of what's best for you.

We also had a lot of fun. Billy's job is to accompany us and the other communities he works with, and having fun is part of accompanying people. We played cards, we hiked, and we had a great outing to eat duck and cheesecake. I really appreciate the work Billy does to support us and the time he takes to really listen to us. And I'm glad he's such a fun guy as well. After Andahuaylillas Billy flew south to Tacna to spend a week doing a site visit there. Then he spent a week in Mejia running a retreat for the JVs in Peru and Chile. Now he's in Santiago doing his site-visit with them. Being a Program Coordinator for JVC may not be a very glamorous job, but you do get to see a lot of the world through site visits.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario