domingo, 12 de julio de 2015

Día del Maestro

Friday July 3rd we celebrated Día del Maestro.* The celebrations included a two hour show run by the graduating class at the high school that contained skits and dances by various grade levels. We teachers got snacks while we watched the show. There was also a gift for each teacher presented by the students. They called us up by name to receive our gifts. My favorite moment of the day was when my name was called and the elementary school students made a whole lot of noise. One of the benefits of teaching the whole school is that all the kids know you. Profe Jesús, the gym teacher, got a similarly loud response.


The last performance was a song/dance and students came out to bring the teachers up to dance with them. I stowed my camera away to dance with some of my 4th graders.

After the show, school let out early and the teachers all walked to the high school where there was a lunch. Lunch was superb. The dish was chicharrón (fried pork), which is a speciality of this region. There was plenty of soda. Each setting also had a beer, a wine glass (for sangría), and there was a bottle of pisco every 4 seats or so. It turned out to be way more booze than needed. It was quite the lunch. My mother - former teacher, former principal, and now principal leader in BPS – told me not to expect such extravagance if I teach in the US. It almost makes me reconsider looking into Education programs when I finish JVC. If my employer won't buy me fancy food and three kinds of booze once a year, what's the point?

To wrap this post up, here are picture of most of my co-workers at the elementary school. It's not all of them, but these are the faces I see every day. I am blessed to work with them.

*Then we celebrated it again on Monday the 6th by having the day off.



Profe Ambar - 1st grade
Profe Yéssica - 3rd grade
Profe Heriqueta - Directora
Profe Bestabeth - 2nd grade
Bertha - Lab Science at the high school and the JVs' go to for medical problems
Profe Maika - 5th grade
Profe Nieves - 3rd grade
Profe Livia - 1st grade
Profe Carlos - 6th grade
Profe Teófilo - 5th grade
My man Profe Jesús - phys ed. The only other teacher at Primaria who works with all the classrooms.
Padre Eddy - the big boss







Salud!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario