martes, 15 de marzo de 2016

Tuesday Song - Santa María del Camino

I failed to post a song last Sunday. Here's a final Lenten song. 

Mary's a big deal for Catholics. She's an even bigger deal for Latino Catholics. As we get ready for the celebration of Holy Week, I'm reflecting on what Holy Week was like for all the people around Jesus.

The gospel tells us nothing about Mary's Passion, so until last year I hadn't given it much thought. After last year's Good Friday procession with Mary, these were my thoughts:
I've never given much thought to Mary's passion. Walking with Mary I focused on her sorrow of watching her son tortured, humiliated, and killed. No parent should have to bury a child. I wonder if, while watching her son die on the cross, Mary got mad at God. Did she think, “this isn't what I signed up for.” She took a big risk when she said yes to God at the annunciation, and on Good Friday all that she got from that risk was taken away. It also made me wonder about her reunion with her risen son on Easter. Would that every murdered son - and daughter - could be returned to their mother after three days in the tomb.
 It's clear to me that Mary lived through some serious stuff. So inviting her to come walk with you on the road is inviting someone who knows the depths of pain and the heights of joy.

When the road gets lonely, when it seems futile. When you feeling like giving Big G the silent treatment because "this isn't what I signed up for," call on Mary. She gets it.



Translation after the jump.


I don't know why the formatting of the English is so bad. But I've decided that 10 minutes is all the time I want to spend trying to fix it. 


Mientras recorres la vida
tú nunca solo estás,
contigo por el camino
Santa María va.

Ven con nosotros a caminar
Santa María, ven.

Aunque te digan algunos
que nada puede cambiar,
lucha por un mundo nuevo,
lucha por la verdad.

Aunque parezcan tus pasos
inútil caminar,
tú vas haciendo caminos
otros los seguirán.

As you journery through life
you are never alone,
with you along the way
Santa María goes.
Come with us to walk
Santa María, come.
Even though some may tell you
that nothing can change,
struggle for a new world,
fight for the truth.
Although your steps may seem
Useless to take,
You are making paths
others will follow them.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario