sábado, 7 de mayo de 2016

Putting my money where my mouth is

Remember back in February when I asked for donations to fund a young woman's college education in Lima? When I asked for your donations, I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive in the mail (because my old one had been eaten by an ATM in Lima). The credit card came about a month ago, but I had shamefully forgotten about the fundraiser. Something reminded me today, so I went to the page to make my $100 donation.

I was happy to see that Lucia registered for pre-university classes* two months ago. First goal reached!

But that's only the first fundraising goal. We're not there yet. Donations have seriously slowed down. Before I donated today, the last donation was made a month ago. As of today, Lucia has $1165 of the $5000 she needs.

At least 3 regular readers donated after my February post. Thank you to Luke (the artist more commonly known as "Dad"), my wonderful Godmother Mary Ann, and my good friend of 15 years Muhan.

This is a chance to make a big differenc ein one person's life. If Red Sox fans can raise 10k to dedicate a bench in Central Park to Big Papi,** then we can raise half that to get a girl through college. Take a minute and go to: https://www.gofundme.com/mep9e2uc

My friend Lali thanks you. I thank you. And most importantly, Lucia thanks you.

*Which she needs "to compensate the lack of quality of the education she received at the shelter"

**I considered donating to that cause too, but the fundraiser was closed because the goal had been reached.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario