lunes, 2 de mayo de 2016

The First Youth Group Meeting

You see the lack of quotation marks around the work Meeting in the title of this post? That's because I have good news: We had a real youth group meeting last Friday!

On Thursday night my big prayer was basically this
Listen God, you called me here to some work, which includes starting this youth group. I spent the last 2 weeks making announcements in classrooms, working on students during one on ones, and catching some student leaders after school. I done all I can up to this point. When kids come, I've got activities and ideas and I'm good. But this part is up to you. Either the kids come or they don't. So help a brother out and send me some kids so we can get the ball rolling. This is on you.
Fr. James Martin, SJ says that God likes honesty in our prayers. I guess Fr. Martin was right because four students showed up on Friday. None of them were the 6 that showed up last week but they were there. We got to know each other a bit and talked abou tideas for what to do throughout the year. It was good.

God came through, the way God does.

1 comentario:

  1. As the song says: He may not come when you want him but he'll be there right on time. He's an on time God, yes he is!

    ResponderBorrar