lunes, 27 de junio de 2016

Photography Week

Besides throwing my sister and I a huge party, my parents' college graduation present to me was a camera. I don't know much about cameras, but it's a nice camera, the kind that makes you assume the person who owns it knows lots about photograph. I tell you this not to show off, but because I want you to understand how I felt about it – intimidated.

I wasn't much of a photographer, and my take on owning things is that the use/enjoyment you get out of them should be to some degree proportional to the cost. I don't buy a monthly T pass unless I'm sure I'll take enough rides that month to make it worth the cost. So not thinking of myself as a serious photographer, but having a similar camera to the people I thought of as serious photographers was intimidating, it meant I had to up my photo game.

So that's what I've been doing.

This week I'll be sharing some reflections about photography that come after a year and a half of looking through a lens, observing other photographers, and being captured in other people's photographs. Welcome to Photography Week.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario