lunes, 26 de enero de 2015

On Home

Just because you live somewhere doesn't mean it's home. Home isn't a place or a group of people. As the song says, it's not just where you lay your head; it's not just where you make your bed. Home is a feeling. It's the sense that this is mine and I am its. When you are home, you can say "I belong here."

A place takes time to become home. A new house, a college dorm room - they take time to grow into. While I was walking up the street from the bus stop to the volunteer house after a week in Lima, I realized something important. I realized that I wasn't walking to "the house." I realized I was walking home. The Mountain House is home now. It won't be home forever. But it is home for now.


Speaking of home. Shout out to to Nora Hill, young poet. Her poem Almost Home was recently published in the online magazine.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario