lunes, 16 de febrero de 2015

Taking Time to Be Blessed

Thursday, I had a rushed day. And it wasn't a good day. 
Friday, I had to go back into Cusco to redo the same task at the Migrations office. This time I did have my papers in order. But I still haven't advanced in the process. I have to draft an official letter this weekend and I'll try again on Monday. But even though Thursday and Friday were practically identical in terms of my to-do list and the lack of results, Friday was a much better day. Because I took my time. Because I didn't let the unappealing process of paperwork drive my day. Beacause I took time to be blessed.
I had been planning to eat at Mercado San Pedro, but then I remembered an even better place to hang:my host family's house. I bought half a watermelon and headed up to Alto Q'Osco (their neighborhood). My host parents were out at work, but the younger generation were all around. We had lunch (hamburgers with rice and guacamole) played Uno. 

You gotta take time to make time. I did took the time, and we made a great time of the afternoon. Hurrying is not a blessing, taking time to be with people is a blessing.

 PS-I'm going back in to Cusco today to try and settle this issue once and for all. We'll see how it goes.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario