domingo, 23 de agosto de 2015

Sunday Song - Tomad, Señor y Recibid

We're celebrating St. Ignatius this week at FyA44 because it's our 20th anniversary and he's the patron saint of the school. So today's Sunday Song is his most famous prayer, "Tomad, Señor y Recibid." It's a pretty song. It's a hard prayer to pray and really mean.




Tomad, Señor, y recibid
toda mi libertad,
mi memoria,
mi entendimiento
y toda mi voluntad;
todo mi haber y mi poseer.

Vos me disteis,
a Vos, Señor, lo torno.
Todo es Vuestro:
disponed de ello
según Vuestra Voluntad.

Dadme Vuestro Amor y Gracia,
que éstas me bastan.
Amén.
Take, Lord, and receive 
all my liberty,
my memory, 
my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; 
do with it what you will.

Give me only your love and your grace,
that is enough for me.
Amen.

1 comentario:

  1. Great song, thanks. Here's a link to an Anglo version, written and recorded by the St. Louis Jesuits in the 1970s: https://youtu.be/-ngqSG0RMWM

    ResponderBorrar