jueves, 5 de marzo de 2015

Home Only Grows

Two years ago I arrived here
to this city
to Lima
To begin a "time out of time"
I arrived as a student
I arrived with few words, with the desire to learn.

Three months ago I arrived here
back to ths county
back to Peru
forward to the town of Andahuaylillas
To throw myself into the messiness of world
I arrived as a volunteer
I arrived with fluency, with a desire to serve.

Yesterday I arrived here
back to this city
back to Lima
I arrived with a tourist visa
I arrived with documents, with a desire to become a resident.

Tomorrow I leave here
to go to Andahuaylillas
to go back home
I'll arrive home as a resident
I'll arrive with an official ID, with the sense that I belong here.

Time and space fold back in on themselves.
The world only shrinks.
Home only grows.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario