sábado, 2 de mayo de 2015

Food Week: Saturday - Eating Well in Cusco

Saturday I was in Cusco all day. Before we left, I had a hasty breakfast with apple oatmeal and peach tea. It's sitting on my cluttered desk in the picture (Mom, the desk is much cleaner now, I clean my room on Sunday afternoons)


Theresa, Erin, Lucia, and I went to The Bagel Café, which is very near the plaza. It was an exciting trip because bagel season has just begun. That's right, I said bagel season. The shop is run by Israelis who spend half the year in Peru and half the year in Israel. It's only open when they're in town. I expect we'll be making many more trips while bagel season lasts.



Trisha took Nora and I out for lunch. We got hamburgers at Papacho's. I also had a Cusqueña negra which is a sweet beer that tastes kind of like chocolate. After lunch we got cappuchinos. They came in mugs the size of soup cups. It was the more coffee than I've had in the past 5 months combined.



Dinner on Saturdays is an unorganized event. No one is assigned to cook so we just whip up whatever we feel like based on what we have. We each had some bread with cream cheese and sauco (elderberry) jam (both rare treats). A few of us also had some leftover pasta, but there's no photo for proof.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario