lunes, 4 de mayo de 2015

JV Life: Tour of the Mountain House

Shelter is in the first level of Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs. We all need somewhere to sleep, somewhere to get away from the elements, and ideally, somewhere we can hang out. For lots of the world, that somewhere is called a house (casa in Spanish, wasi in Quechua).

I know I used this picture on a different post a few months ago.
Deal with it.
Follow the jump to take a small virtual tour of the Mountain House.

The cooking side of the kitchen.
The storage side of the kitchen.
The dining/living room. This is where we eat, entertain guests, and watch movies.
The patio. We don't hang out here.
We come out here to throw out trash, or if there's something wrong with the water.
Just one of our 4 working bathrooms. 
My bedroom.
Bedroom seen from the bed. 
My opaque skylight. It lets the sunlight and warmth in, but is made of a thick plastic
that keeps the heat from escaping too quickly. 
Desk and view out the window.
The wall of mail. Send me a card/letter and you can be represented!

There's no picture of the second floor landing (where we have a hammock!) because there was laundry hanging to dry when I took these photos. Someday when it's free of laundry I'll post a pic.








No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario