jueves, 30 de abril de 2015

Food Week: Thursday - Double Lunch

I have oatmeal for breakfast every morning. My recipe is 2/3 cup instant oatmeal, one piece of fruit, a spoon of sugar, a pinch of salt, and boiled water (not measured out). If we have milk then I pour some in. If not, I add some chia seeds (this little black bits) to add some protein to my morning meal. On Thursday morning I drank sweetened lemon water with breakfast. That's our dining room table cloth underneath the plates.


Lunch at the school was capchi de habas. It's made with habas (lima beans), potato chunks, and milk. I enjoy the taste and find it to be a satisfying meal without being very heavy.


Then I had a second lunch at the parish. This is actually normal for me. Since I have a higher metabolism and work out more than the rest of my roommates, I need more food. By eating lunch at the school (at noon) and the parish (at 2:30), I fell well fed and don't place a strain on our food budget. 

Lunch on Thursday at the parish was pescado (fish). They fry it and serve it with a "salad" of tomatoes and red onions (I've never seen any other color of onion in Peru) and, of course, rice. The señoras at the parish serve a refresco (soft drink) every day. Last Thursday it was jugo de maracuyá (passion fruit juice), which is one of my favorite drinks in Peru.


We had mass, and therefore dinner, at the Belgians' house. I felt weird about bringing my camera along - didn't want them to feel like I was judging their food - so I don't have pictures. But we ate pasta with a chunky veggie sauce and pear crumble for dessert.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario